Here is a quick and basic recipe for a non-bake protein bar, using protein powder. Use any flavor/brand that you like but I reccomend using a flavored one. Tweak the recipe to meet your dietary needs just make sure to aim for a cookie dough like consistency. You can even roll into balls rather than cut into squares! Enjoy! (makes 24 servings)
3 cups of rolled oats ( blend in blender or food processor to make a flour)
1 cup of your favorite flavored protein powder ( I use Cellucor Peanut Butter Crunch)
1 teaspoon sea salt (or less to taste)
1 cup all natural peanut butter, almond butter, or similar (I use better’n peanut butter, see below)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 cup carob chips
1 tablespoon coconut oil
approx. 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla or plain almond or cocoanut milk
1. Line a 13 by 9 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix the oat flour, protein powder, and salt in a large bowl
3. Add in the peanut butter, vanilla, and coconut oil and start to stir in the almond milk until a desired cookie dough consistency is formed.
4. Put the mixture into pan and roll out until it is flat and smooth.
5. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Then remove and slice into 24 bars. Store in refrigerator or freezer in an air tight container. Perfect for before or after a workout, or a mid day snack!
Approx 160-180 calories per bar, 18 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of fat, 10 grams of protein