Great for breakfast or anytime! Try this simple recipe for a quick and easy on the go protein and vitamin filled meal or snack. Makes 12 servings.
12 organic large eggs
1 cup of chopped broccoli
1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup of chopped peppers any variety
1/2 cup chopped spinach, kale or chard, or ground in blender or food processor
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
2 tablespoons of finely chopped jalapeño
Olive, coconut or similar oil to lightly grease pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly scramble eggs in a large bowl using a fork.
3. Lightly grease muffin trays, on bottoms and sides of cups.
4. Add chopped veggies to the egg mixture and stir, add ground black pepper to taste.
5. Fill muffin tray cups with the egg/veggie mixture , stop a little below the top of each cup.
6. Bake in preheated over for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Calories approx 100, Carbohydrates approx. 4 grams, Protein approx 8grams, Fat approx 5 grams