The GetKristenFit Summer Shape Up 28 day high intensity workout challenge
Ready to earn your best beach body? Commit to 28 killer workouts over the next 4 weeks and reveal your best body ever by the 4th of July!
Some of the workouts will be posted here, but most will go out to program particpants via e-mail. To join the program e-mail Kristen@getkristenfit.com !
28 Day Challenge Workout #11
“Fitness Test 2”
1. Perform max reps of full extension chin-ups. If you can’t do chin ups, do assisted chin-ups select a weight that is challenging. Complete 3 sets with 90 seconds rest between sets. Report total reps in each set.
2. Perform max amount of hanging leg raises. Option 1 is to perform hanging from chin up bar. Option 2 is to use the Roman Chair. Complete 3 sets with 90 seconds rest between sets. Report total reps in each set.
3. Find your lowest single leg get up. Set up a step with about 6-7 risers on each side. Sit down on step, keep on foot flat on floor, lift the other leg up and hold so foot does not touch floor. Without using your hands, try to stand up using only one leg. Repeat for 5 reps on each leg, then remove one riser from each side. Continue with 5 reps at each height until you cannot perform any reps. Report # of risers at lowest point for each leg.
4. Set up two objects (cones or some thing like a can of you are at home) on the floor, 10 meters (or 10 paces) apart. Set a timer and see how many times you can side shuffle from one end to the other in 30 seconds, always keeping hips forward and knees bent in a half squat. Bend down and touch the object each time. Report how many lengths you do, count both directions individually.
5. Find your max amount of full burpees in 1 minute. Set a timer for 1 minute. Perform as many full burpees as possible. Chest must touch the floor on each down, and your must jump with hands overhead on each up. Report total number of full burpees completed.
6. Treadmill endurance test. Start a treadmill at a speed of 4.0 on a 2% incline. Every 30 seconds increase speed by 0.2. Continue increasing speed every 30 seconds until you can no longer hold the pace. Report highest speed attained for 30 seconds.
Please post your results here in comments, email them me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and/or post via Facebook or the Get Kristen Fit Mobile app.
Additional parts of this workout will be posted on the Wall of Get Kristen Fit Mobile App. Make sure to download for iPhone or Android and check out the wall.