2 cups of all egg whites
½ cup of cooked chopped broccoli
½ cup frozen and defrosted or steamed fresh spinach
½ cup of chopped bell pepper (any colors)
3 scallions chopped finely
½ tsp. dried oregano
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 large fresh washed romaine leaves (or similar for “bread”)
2 Tablespoons Walden Farms zero calorie dressing of your choice
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chopped broccoli, peppers, spinach and onions and cook until tender.
- Beat egg whites, oregano and pepper together and then pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- As the eggs begin to cook from the middle out, gently lift the edges of the egg with a spatula so that the mixture and flow out to the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the eggs are cooked through but still moist.
- Cut the skillet into 4 even pieces.
- Place each piece on a Romaine leaf and spread lightly with dressing. Sandwich with a second leaf.
Enjoy! Makes 4 Servings!
- Serving size: 1 sandwhich
- Per Serving: 100 Calories, 1 fat, 4 g carbohydrates, 14 g proteins
1 pound of 93% or better lean ground turkey
1 cup frozen and defrosted spinach
Whites from 2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of group cumin
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup of diced yellow onion
2-3 diced Poblano or other chili peppers (depending on how much spice you like)
6 cups of low sodium chicken broth or home made stock
½ cup of cook cauliflower rice
2 tablespoons of limejuice
2 tablespoons of water
1-2 minced jalapeños
2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- Combine turkey, spinach, egg whites, 1 tsp. of the cumin, ½ tsp. of the ground pepper, and 1 tsp. of the oregano in a mixing bowl mixing gently until evenly combined.
- Line a large cookie or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Shape turkey mixture into small 1.5-inch balls and place on the wax paper.
- Place sheet of ready to cook meatball in the refrigerator for now (about 20 minutes)
- In a large soup pot heat the water and limejuice to medium high and add the diced yellow onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add the Poblano peppers and the remainder of the spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now add the broth and turn the heat to high in order to bring to a boil.
- Once the broth has reached a boil take the heat down to simmer.
- Slowly and carefully spoon the meatballs into the simmering broth.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Next add in the cauliflower rice and cook stirring as needed for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and garnish with the jalapeno, cilantro, and lime slices if wanted.
Enjoy! Makes about 6 servings!
- Serving size: about 1⅔ cups
- Per serving: 250 calories 5 g fat (1.5 g sat); 7 g fiber; 12g carbohydrates; 29 g protein
Try this delicious Green and White recipe!
Ingredients ( 2 servings):
12 shrimp (deveined and deshelled)
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup finely chopped shallots
4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
2 tsp lemon zest
3 medium peeled zucchinis spiralized
2 cups fresh washed baby spinach
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1 sprinkle of ground black pepper
1 tbsp Olive oil
just a dusting or non-stick spray
- Cook the garlic and olive in a large lightly sprayed skillet for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Next add the scallions and shrimp. Season with pepper flakes and black pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the shri
- mp are starting to sear on one side flip them and add them lemon juice and zest. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then set shrimp aside.
- Add the zucchini noodles and baby spinach and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp back in and toss to mix.
- Plate the mixture and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Makes 2 servings.