2 cups of all egg whites
½ cup of cooked chopped broccoli
½ cup frozen and defrosted or steamed fresh spinach
½ cup of chopped bell pepper (any colors)
3 scallions chopped finely
½ tsp. dried oregano
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 large fresh washed romaine leaves (or similar for “bread”)
2 Tablespoons Walden Farms zero calorie dressing of your choice
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add chopped broccoli, peppers, spinach and onions and cook until tender.
- Beat egg whites, oregano and pepper together and then pour over the veggies in the skillet.
- As the eggs begin to cook from the middle out, gently lift the edges of the egg with a spatula so that the mixture and flow out to the sides and bottom of the skillet.
- Cook until the eggs are cooked through but still moist.
- Cut the skillet into 4 even pieces.
- Place each piece on a Romaine leaf and spread lightly with dressing. Sandwich with a second leaf.
Enjoy! Makes 4 Servings!
- Serving size: 1 sandwhich
- Per Serving: 100 Calories, 1 fat, 4 g carbohydrates, 14 g proteins
1 pound of 93% or better lean ground turkey
1 cup frozen and defrosted spinach
Whites from 2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of group cumin
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup of diced yellow onion
2-3 diced Poblano or other chili peppers (depending on how much spice you like)
6 cups of low sodium chicken broth or home made stock
½ cup of cook cauliflower rice
2 tablespoons of limejuice
2 tablespoons of water
1-2 minced jalapeños
2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- Combine turkey, spinach, egg whites, 1 tsp. of the cumin, ½ tsp. of the ground pepper, and 1 tsp. of the oregano in a mixing bowl mixing gently until evenly combined.
- Line a large cookie or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Shape turkey mixture into small 1.5-inch balls and place on the wax paper.
- Place sheet of ready to cook meatball in the refrigerator for now (about 20 minutes)
- In a large soup pot heat the water and limejuice to medium high and add the diced yellow onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add the Poblano peppers and the remainder of the spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now add the broth and turn the heat to high in order to bring to a boil.
- Once the broth has reached a boil take the heat down to simmer.
- Slowly and carefully spoon the meatballs into the simmering broth.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Next add in the cauliflower rice and cook stirring as needed for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and garnish with the jalapeno, cilantro, and lime slices if wanted.
Enjoy! Makes about 6 servings!
- Serving size: about 1⅔ cups
- Per serving: 250 calories 5 g fat (1.5 g sat); 7 g fiber; 12g carbohydrates; 29 g protein
How to make a green smoothie: Add liquid (water), and base (kale/spinach/romaine) first and blend until liquefied . Add additional ingredients slowly and blend until desired consistency.
Green Detox Smoothie:
1 cup chilled green tea
1 cup cilantro
1 cup baby kale (or substitute in another leafy green)
1 cup sliced cucumber
1 tablespoon or more of fresh ginger, chopped or grated
Add the juice of 1 or more lemons to taste.
Kale Ginger Zinger Smoothie:
1 cup sparkling water
1 cup baby kale or chopped kale with center rib removed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped or grated
¼ cup mint leaves
Add the juice of 1 lime or more to taste.
4-5 ice cubes or more as desired.
Turkey Zucchini Meatballs:
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
1 large Zucchini, grated
6 chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 large garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
Combine turkey, zucchini, scallions, egg, mint, cilantro, garlic and spices.
Shape meatballs (about 2.5 tablesoons per meatball)
Set meatballs on a plate (should make about 18).
Warm a skillet and coat with non-stick spray.
Brown the meatballs on all sides, should cook for about 4 minutes if you cook half the batch at a time..
Transfer the browned meatballs to the baking sheet.
Repeat with the second half of the meatballs.
Place the baking sheet in the preheated over for 6-7 minutes or until cooked fully.
Serve with green veggies!