GKF Chicken Fajitas
¾ Cup Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pound of bones skinless chicken breasts halved and cut into ½ inch wide stripes
1 onion sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced (or non green bell peppers are fine)
1 zucchini sliced into ½ inch by 2-3 inch strips
1 cup snow peas
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 large Romaine leaves
Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped or sliced
1 thinly sliced avocado (non recommended for weight loss clients)
Fresh Cilantro leaves
- Stir the first 6 ingredients together .
- Place the cut chicken in a large plastic bag and add ¾ cup of the vinegar mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (or overnight), turning occasionally.
- Place the veggies in another bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour in the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Heat griddle pan to medium high heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Put chicken on pan an sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do not use the remaining marinade, throw away.
- Cook chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add veggies to pan (discard marinade) and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Stirring ½ way through.
- Wash and pat dry the 8 lettuce leafs, and place 2 on each plate.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the lettuce.
- Dress with jalapeno, salsa, Greek yogurt, avocado slices and cilantro.