1 pound of 93% or better lean ground turkey
1 cup frozen and defrosted spinach
Whites from 2 large eggs
2 teaspoons of group cumin
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
1-tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup of diced yellow onion
2-3 diced Poblano or other chili peppers (depending on how much spice you like)
6 cups of low sodium chicken broth or home made stock
½ cup of cook cauliflower rice
2 tablespoons of limejuice
2 tablespoons of water
1-2 minced jalapeños
2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- Combine turkey, spinach, egg whites, 1 tsp. of the cumin, ½ tsp. of the ground pepper, and 1 tsp. of the oregano in a mixing bowl mixing gently until evenly combined.
- Line a large cookie or baking sheet with wax paper.
- Shape turkey mixture into small 1.5-inch balls and place on the wax paper.
- Place sheet of ready to cook meatball in the refrigerator for now (about 20 minutes)
- In a large soup pot heat the water and limejuice to medium high and add the diced yellow onion and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Next add the Poblano peppers and the remainder of the spices and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Now add the broth and turn the heat to high in order to bring to a boil.
- Once the broth has reached a boil take the heat down to simmer.
- Slowly and carefully spoon the meatballs into the simmering broth.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Next add in the cauliflower rice and cook stirring as needed for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the soup from heat and garnish with the jalapeno, cilantro, and lime slices if wanted.
Enjoy! Makes about 6 servings!
- Serving size: about 1⅔ cups
- Per serving: 250 calories 5 g fat (1.5 g sat); 7 g fiber; 12g carbohydrates; 29 g protein
Get into the best shape of your life with Coach K’s weight loss and fitness challenge!
What is fitness/diet bet?
Fitness/diet bet is a 12 week program where participants make a weight loss or fitness goal and make a monatary bet against themselves. If you achieve your goal by the end of the program you win your money back, but if you don’t meet your goal your money goes into the pot which is spilt among all the people who did meet their goal. The bet is meant to provide extra incentive for participants to meet their goal and to not quit on themselves. For people that don’t want to bet, you can also join in on the fun just for the extra motivation.
The program will include motivational e-mails, team workouts, daily and weekly fitness/diet/lifestyle challenges, nutritional guidelines and weekly weigh-ins for those that want to weigh in.
Start date: program starts Monday 1/5/2015, participants can join in at any time during the next 2 weeks simply by emailing email@example.com and scheduling a time to establish a goal and weigh in if needed.
End date: program ends Monday 3/30/2015. This is the final date. All betters have to achieve their goal by this date in order to win their money back.
Buy in’s: In addition to the bet, pricing is as follows…
$25 to participate if you make a bet.
$50 to participate if you are just in for fun without establishing a goal and betting.
***If you choose to do weekly weigh-ins you must do weigh-ins throughout the entire program. If you gain weight from week to week you owe $1 for each 0.1-1.0 pound gained.
The first 2 weeks of this program are a trial for everyone, and there will be “homework” assigned . If the homework is not completed, then your initial buy in will be returned to you and you will be kicked out of the program. The homework will be basic and it will be a basic test of your commitment to your health and fitness.
To sign up please e-mail Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also make sure to download the Get Kristen Fit Mobile app, and follow Get Kristen Fit on Facebook.