Its’s not too late to get lean by Labor Day!
The GKF eating plan can get you the results you want . The best part is it is simple to follow, and allows you to “cheat” on the weekends as long as you are strict during the week !
1. Green Smoothies 1-2 times daily
2. Big Salad for Dinner. The bigger the better. Fill yourself up with all the tasty colors of summer 🙂
GKF Cobb Salad:
2 strips cooked lean/ low sodium turkey bacon crumbled
3 cups fresh washed baby spinach
3 hard boiled egg whites cubed
3-4 ounces of grilled boneless skinless chicken breast
10 grape or cherry tomatos halved
1/4 an avocado diced
1/4 cup of beet sliced
1/4 cup cucumber sliced
1/4 cup carrots shredded
Place spinach in a BIG bowl
Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top in sections or rows.
Enjoy with a low cal/ low sugar dressing
Another green and white option to fill the creamy salad bowl at your cookout!
(makes 12 servings)
24 large eggs
1 ½ cups nonfat plain greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
3 tablespoons of your favorite yellow or Dijon mustard
sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, paprika
6-10 chooped scallions
3-4 minced celery stalks
24 large romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
2-3 cups of sprouts
- Place all the eggs in a large sauce pan and cover them in cold water. Bring them to a boil for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and cover with lid.
- Let stand for 12 minutes , then drain.
- Peel the eggs and remove the yolks. Discard yolks.
- Dice the egg whites and combine with Greek yogurt and mustard.
- Stir in the scallions and celery.
- Season with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and paprika.
- Serve alone in a serving bowl or divided evenly among the lettuce leaves and roll up, top with sprouts.
2-3 cups fresh washed greens (chard, kale, collar greens, or spinach)
½ cup sliced peach or apricot (frozen optional)
½ cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
¼ cup sliced strawberries (frozen optional)
¼ cup whey protein powder (vanilla or strawberry flavored best)
-chose protein that has 23g of protein or higher per 30g serving size
12 ounces of water, unsweentend almond milk or coconut water.
1 tablesoon ground flax or chia seeds.
Blend liquids with the greens on high until liquified. Add additional ingredients and blend until smooth. Add ice if desired. Enjoy immediately!