Its’s not too late to get lean by Labor Day!
The GKF eating plan can get you the results you want . The best part is it is simple to follow, and allows you to “cheat” on the weekends as long as you are strict during the week !
1. Green Smoothies 1-2 times daily
2. Big Salad for Dinner. The bigger the better. Fill yourself up with all the tasty colors of summer 🙂
GKF Cobb Salad:
2 strips cooked lean/ low sodium turkey bacon crumbled
3 cups fresh washed baby spinach
3 hard boiled egg whites cubed
3-4 ounces of grilled boneless skinless chicken breast
10 grape or cherry tomatos halved
1/4 an avocado diced
1/4 cup of beet sliced
1/4 cup cucumber sliced
1/4 cup carrots shredded
Place spinach in a BIG bowl
Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top in sections or rows.
Enjoy with a low cal/ low sugar dressing
Another green and white option to fill the creamy salad bowl at your cookout!
(makes 12 servings)
24 large eggs
1 ½ cups nonfat plain greek yogurt (or non dairy substitute)
3 tablespoons of your favorite yellow or Dijon mustard
sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, paprika
6-10 chooped scallions
3-4 minced celery stalks
24 large romaine lettuce leaves (optional)
2-3 cups of sprouts
- Place all the eggs in a large sauce pan and cover them in cold water. Bring them to a boil for about 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and cover with lid.
- Let stand for 12 minutes , then drain.
- Peel the eggs and remove the yolks. Discard yolks.
- Dice the egg whites and combine with Greek yogurt and mustard.
- Stir in the scallions and celery.
- Season with sea salt, fresh ground black pepper and paprika.
- Serve alone in a serving bowl or divided evenly among the lettuce leaves and roll up, top with sprouts.
Try this delicious Green and White recipe!
Ingredients ( 2 servings):
12 shrimp (deveined and deshelled)
1 tbsp minced garlic
¼ cup finely chopped shallots
4 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
2 tsp lemon zest
3 medium peeled zucchinis spiralized
2 cups fresh washed baby spinach
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 sprinkle of red pepper flakes
1 sprinkle of ground black pepper
1 tbsp Olive oil
just a dusting or non-stick spray
- Cook the garlic and olive in a large lightly sprayed skillet for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Next add the scallions and shrimp. Season with pepper flakes and black pepper and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the shri
- mp are starting to sear on one side flip them and add them lemon juice and zest. Cook for another 2-3 minutes and then set shrimp aside.
- Add the zucchini noodles and baby spinach and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp back in and toss to mix.
- Plate the mixture and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Makes 2 servings.
GKF Chicken Fajitas
¾ Cup Balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pound of bones skinless chicken breasts halved and cut into ½ inch wide stripes
1 onion sliced
1 green bell pepper sliced (or non green bell peppers are fine)
1 zucchini sliced into ½ inch by 2-3 inch strips
1 cup snow peas
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 large Romaine leaves
Non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped or sliced
1 thinly sliced avocado (non recommended for weight loss clients)
Fresh Cilantro leaves
- Stir the first 6 ingredients together .
- Place the cut chicken in a large plastic bag and add ¾ cup of the vinegar mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (or overnight), turning occasionally.
- Place the veggies in another bag and marinate at room temperature for 1 hour in the remaining vinegar mixture.
- Heat griddle pan to medium high heat and spray with nonstick spray.
- Put chicken on pan an sprinkle with salt and pepper. Do not use the remaining marinade, throw away.
- Cook chicken for about 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- Add veggies to pan (discard marinade) and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Stirring ½ way through.
- Wash and pat dry the 8 lettuce leafs, and place 2 on each plate.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly among the lettuce.
- Dress with jalapeno, salsa, Greek yogurt, avocado slices and cilantro.
2-3 cups fresh washed greens (chard, kale, collar greens, or spinach)
½ cup sliced peach or apricot (frozen optional)
½ cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
¼ cup sliced strawberries (frozen optional)
¼ cup whey protein powder (vanilla or strawberry flavored best)
-chose protein that has 23g of protein or higher per 30g serving size
12 ounces of water, unsweentend almond milk or coconut water.
1 tablesoon ground flax or chia seeds.
Blend liquids with the greens on high until liquified. Add additional ingredients and blend until smooth. Add ice if desired. Enjoy immediately!
How to make a green smoothie: Add liquid (water), and base (kale/spinach/romaine) first and blend until liquefied . Add additional ingredients slowly and blend until desired consistency.
Green Detox Smoothie:
1 cup chilled green tea
1 cup cilantro
1 cup baby kale (or substitute in another leafy green)
1 cup sliced cucumber
1 tablespoon or more of fresh ginger, chopped or grated
Add the juice of 1 or more lemons to taste.
Kale Ginger Zinger Smoothie:
1 cup sparkling water
1 cup baby kale or chopped kale with center rib removed
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped or grated
¼ cup mint leaves
Add the juice of 1 lime or more to taste.
4-5 ice cubes or more as desired.
Turkey Zucchini Meatballs:
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
1 large Zucchini, grated
6 chopped scallions
2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 large garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
Combine turkey, zucchini, scallions, egg, mint, cilantro, garlic and spices.
Shape meatballs (about 2.5 tablesoons per meatball)
Set meatballs on a plate (should make about 18).
Warm a skillet and coat with non-stick spray.
Brown the meatballs on all sides, should cook for about 4 minutes if you cook half the batch at a time..
Transfer the browned meatballs to the baking sheet.
Repeat with the second half of the meatballs.
Place the baking sheet in the preheated over for 6-7 minutes or until cooked fully.
Serve with green veggies!
Get into the best shape of your life with Coach K’s weight loss and fitness challenge!
What is fitness/diet bet?
Fitness/diet bet is a 12 week program where participants make a weight loss or fitness goal and make a monatary bet against themselves. If you achieve your goal by the end of the program you win your money back, but if you don’t meet your goal your money goes into the pot which is spilt among all the people who did meet their goal. The bet is meant to provide extra incentive for participants to meet their goal and to not quit on themselves. For people that don’t want to bet, you can also join in on the fun just for the extra motivation.
The program will include motivational e-mails, team workouts, daily and weekly fitness/diet/lifestyle challenges, nutritional guidelines and weekly weigh-ins for those that want to weigh in.
Start date: program starts Monday 1/5/2015, participants can join in at any time during the next 2 weeks simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and scheduling a time to establish a goal and weigh in if needed.
End date: program ends Monday 3/30/2015. This is the final date. All betters have to achieve their goal by this date in order to win their money back.
Buy in’s: In addition to the bet, pricing is as follows…
$25 to participate if you make a bet.
$50 to participate if you are just in for fun without establishing a goal and betting.
***If you choose to do weekly weigh-ins you must do weigh-ins throughout the entire program. If you gain weight from week to week you owe $1 for each 0.1-1.0 pound gained.
The first 2 weeks of this program are a trial for everyone, and there will be “homework” assigned . If the homework is not completed, then your initial buy in will be returned to you and you will be kicked out of the program. The homework will be basic and it will be a basic test of your commitment to your health and fitness.
To sign up please e-mail Kristen at email@example.com. Please also make sure to download the Get Kristen Fit Mobile app, and follow Get Kristen Fit on Facebook.